Edward Buckland Ltd have been favoured with instructions to let by tender Gargus Farm, Tregony, Truro, Cornwall on a three year Farm Business Tenancy.
The farm comprises a four-bedroom farmhouse and an extensive range of modern livestock buildings. This exceptionally well equipped livestock farm has benefitted from a major project of modernisation.
Tenders close at 12.00 noon on Friday 17th February 2017 and must be received in writing by Edward Buckland at Crusader House, Newham Road, Truro, Cornwall, TR1 2DP. A Tender Form is available with the Tender Pack.
Download Gargus Farm Letting Particulars here.
THE LAND (LOTS 1 & 4)
The land totals 176.59 acres (71.46 ha) and currently 171.15 acres is laid to grass and has a Grade 3 Agricultural Land Classification. The remainder comprises buildings, yard areas and woodland.
The land is available in two lots with Lot 1 Land at Gargus extending to 108.11 acres (43.75 ha) as edged red on the plan. Lot 4 Land at Vose extends to 65.54 acres (26.52 ha) as edged blue on the plan.
The agents have not been made aware if the Land at Gargus (Lot 1) has ever been in an arable rotation. Although the land is registered as permanent pasture with the Rural Payments Agency the successful applicant will be permitted (subject to gaining the necessary consents) to break the land to be included within an arable rotation. However, it will be a condition of the tenancy for the Tenant to leave all land as grass on termination.
THE FARM HOUSE (LOT 3)
The four bedroom farmhouse has recently been refurbished to a high standard. The successful applicant will not be permitted to sub let the farmhouse which must be occupied by the applicant or a farm worker.
Ground floor – Boot room (3.3m x 2.9m), kitchen/diner (5.4m x 4.2m), sitting room (3.9m x 3.9m), lounge (3.5m x 3.9m), hallway (1.6m x 5.1m) utility with W/C (2.5m x 3.7m), conservatory (2.5m x 2.8m), double garage (5.8m x 5.8m)
First floor – Landing, Bedroom 1 (2.8m x 3.9m) with en-suite bathroom (1.8 x 3.0m), bedroom 2 (3.4m x 2.9m), bedroom 3 (4.2m x 2.4m) with en-suite bathroom (2.6m x 1.1m), bedroom 4 (3.8m x 3.1m) and main bathroom (2.8m x 2.4m).
Services – The property has mains electricity and private water and drainage. The property has an oil central heating system.
EPC – The property has an EPC listing of Band C (a copy of the EPC Certificate can be downloaded here EPC gargus farmhouse).
FARM BUILDINGS (LOT 2 as identified on the Building Plan)
1. Livestock Housing – 140ft x 110ft (42m x 33m) – Double loose housing separated by a central access passage. Concrete floor throughout with cattle feeding barriers on the eastern and western aspects. Dividing gates allow for two scraping passages.
2. Covered handling area – 120ft x 30ft (36.5m x 9.1m) – Covered handling area with individual calving and maternity pens. The handling system comprises a rotary forcing pen and race sections along with a large covered holding pen, cattle weigh crush and a loading bay.
3. General purpose building – 100ft x 40ft (30.5 m x 12.2m) – General purpose agricultural building with an open fronted eastern elevation. The building has an internal bull pen and is currently used for straw storage.
4. Livestock Housing – 95ft x 70ft (29m x 21.3m) – Newly constructed steel portal framed agricultural building currently used for livestock housing. The building has part concrete floor/part loose floor, feed barriers to the southern elevation, internal gates for pennage and water troughs throughout.
5. Silage Clamps – Two newly constructed silage clamps. Measuring 20m wide by 30m deep with 3m high concrete panel walls with effluent collection channels.
6. General purpose building – 80ft x 35ft (24.4m x 10.7m) – General purpose agricultural building with concrete floor throughout. The eastern elevation is open fronted with one bay having roller shutter doors to house the farm water supply system and welfare facilities.
7. Traditional stone barn – 60ft x 30ft (18.3 m x 9.1m) – Single storey traditional stone building with slate roof. On commencement of the tenancy the building will be scheduled as redundant.
Strictly by arrangement only.
RENTAL TERMS TERMS
The holding will be let on a Farm Business Tenancy, for an initial term of 3 years. A draft copy of which is available on request. The rent tendered will be a market rent and if reviewed will be assessed on this basis.
REPAIRS AND INSURANCE
The holding will be let on a full repairing and insuring basis and with all obligations resting with the Tenant.
The Valuation Office Agency website (for which we can accept no responsibility for accuracy) indicated “Gargus Farm” included within the valuation list has a Council Tax Band of “D”. The actual liability may be subject to relief or phasing in respect of which regulations are made from time to time. We have not investigated the amount actually payable in respect of the subject property.
RATES / TAXES
All rates and taxes, will be payable by the Tenant.
BASIC PAYMENT SCHEME
The Landlord will make available to the Tenant prior to the 15th May 2018 the Basic Payment Scheme entitlements for the Tenant to use whilst in occupation. These entitlements should be factored into the rental value and will be returned to the Landlord at the end of the term.
ENVIRONMENTAL STEWARDSHIP/COUNTRYSIDE STEWARDSHIP SCHEMES
The successful Tenant is obliged to take over an existing Entry Level Stewardship scheme which is due to end on the 30th September 2018.
Available for occupation from 29th September 2017 until 28th September 2020.
The ingoing Tenant to pay a contribution of £300 plus VAT associated with the drafting of the Farm Business Tenancy.
There will not be a formal ingoing valuation prior to the commencement of the tenancy, however the incoming Tenant will be required to purchase any unconsumed silage, straw or feedstuffs on the holding at the commencement of the tenancy.
RECORD OF CONDITION
There will be a record of condition of the land and buildings, record of condition of the farmhouse and soil analysis of the land. The ingoing tenant will pay a £300 plus VAT towards these services which is anticipated to be 50% of the cost as shared with the Landlord.
Tenders must be submitted, together with the personal particulars forms and should bear the applicants signature, certifying that the information is correct.
Applicants must complete the attached application form in full and provide a business plan for three years. Applicants should also include information as to the amount of capital they will bring to the farm, including any livestock, deadstock, working capital and sources of capital; available for investment.
All tenders must be for a specific sum. Where the tender has been prepared by a professional agent this should be made clear.
Completed applications must be received by 12.00noon on Friday 17th February at:
Edward Buckland Ltd, Crusader House, Newham Road, Truro, Cornwall, TR1 2DP
Applications should be marked “Private and Confidential GF Tender”.
We reserve the right not to accept the highest or indeed any tender.
Local Authorities: Cornwall Council, New County Hall, Treyew Road, Truro, TR1 3AY.
0300 1234 100
Business Rates: The property is not currently subject to business rates, however if any business rates become payable then they will be the responsibility of the tenant.
Services: The property has main electricity. Prospective tenants should make their own enquiries of the appropriate statutory undertakers:
Western Power 0845 601 2989
South West Water 0800 1691144
VAT: All of the above figures are quoted exclusive of VAT, where applicable.
Edward Buckland Ltd, Crusader House, Newham Road, Truro, Cornwall, TR1 2DP
Tel: 01872 306090